Well apparently things are not only bigger, but also better in Texas! And this potato salad is the best!
Quick, easy and super tasty, this salad is perfect as a week night side, or when you need to take something to a BBQ this summer.
- 10 small baby boiling potatoes
- 4 rashes of streaky bacon
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground coriander seed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- ½ tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp aioli or Kewpie (this is not so the dressing is overly 'creamy' but just to add a bit of body and help the dressing stick)
- ½ tsp salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Boil the potatoes whole until tender. Allow to cool and cut into quarters. Place in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Slice the onion about half a cm thick. Cook on a BBQ or griddle pan until soft and coloured. Place on top of potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a jar, place all dressing ingredients. Shake well. Leave to sit for a few minutes and then taste. Adjust as necessary.
- Cut your bacon into 2cm by 1cm batons. Cook in a little oil until crispy. Once cooked you put the bacon in the bowl with the potato and . I also like to put any left over oil from the pan into the dressing to add flavour. This is optional, but very yummy. And kinda naughty!
- Now you can add your herbs, coriander seed and dressing to the potatoes, bacon and onion. Mix well to combine. I like to leave it to sit for a few minutes and let the dressing soak in before serving.