While I do love salad, many common salad leaves aren’t exactly a powerhouse of nutrients. So, if you are going to eat it, it may as well be worth it, right. In the same way I don’t go to McDonalds for a ‘healthy’ wrap, if I am going to have a salad, I want to feel as nourished as a vegan yoga instructor afterwards. So, lately, I have been coming up with salads that give a bit more bang for buck. Particularly in winter, when leaves just don’t seem to cut it.
So, I present to you, one of my new favourite side dishes. A raw broccoli salad coated in a nutty curry cream dressing with roast almonds and sweet raisins. It is perfection. Filling, nutritious, tasty!
- 1 full head of broccoli
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup roasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup roasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbs water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Please dressing ingredients in a food processor. Blitz until smooth. Check for seasoning, if you need more acidity or curry, feel free to add more vinegar or curry powder.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Place in a bowl with the raisins and almonds, add the curry cream dressing and toss to coat. Serve. It's that easy. And so yummy. A side dish that gives back.